Chillin' in the excersaucer
Hey all!
I finally got a new computer!! Yay!! Now I can update more often and start posting pictures easier. I just need to install my camera on here and voila we should be set. I have a few more pictures to post for you. Today was a big day for me and my little girl! We took Aubrey to her first swim class today. I have pictures to document it...it was pretty tricky trying to get out of the house without tipping Connor off as to where I was going. See this class is the same one Connor goes to and I am hoping to start alternating the two of them every other week. Today, our babysitter Kelsey came over just for an hour while I took miss Aubrey. I got her into her swim suit for the first time and took her in the water. She started to cry at first but that was because of all the noise with the other kids. She is the youngest so it was overwhelming for her. She did so well though. Once she got the hang of it she was great. She went under water about 5 times. The first 2 were not so fun for her but the others she loved. By the end when it was time to say goodbye, she was smiling. Everyone in the pool was like "awwwww!" it was hilarious! It was a good day and a big reminder that my newborn is going to be 1 in June...When did that happen. Aubrey still seems so new to me, she doesn't seem like she should be 7.5 months old.
She is doing things so quickly, she is sitting up completely on her own now and doesn't even topple over like before. She is saying "mama mama mama" all of the time. I had to take a double take on that one because seriously it was 12 months before Connor said anything and that word was Cat! I know it is the age where babies mumble and stuff, but she associates Mama to me which is incredible to me. I hear it mostly when she is uncomfortable or upset, but now it is coming out when she is happy too. Girls are so different than boys. Aubrey is not crawling yet, but she gets those knees up under herself and before I know it she is on the other side of the room. She knows to move herself to the wood floors where she can spin around in either direction. It is only a matter of time before she is moving around too.
Connor is doing really well. The words and phrases are just flying out of him now. His favorite which I hear right now as I am typing is "Tiger, Stop it!" He knows how to count to 10 and can say A,B,C,D. We are starting to learn colors too with his playdoh. He is like a little sponge and all of a sudden just pops out with things. The cutest thing ever is that he sings along with songs now. I am proud to say that he can sing the theme song to Hannah Montana almost all the way through. You can't help but smile when you hear him.
John is doing well, really busy with work which is nice since his firm just laid off 115 attorneys all over the US. Luckily, John is awesome at his job and he is in the group that is bringing in the most revenue for the firm right now. He is working with some of their biggest clients and is one of the most Senior in the group. His bosses love him, so his job is secure. It is just a sign of the times I guess.
I am keeping busy with the kids and various activities.....the one thing I really wish is that Aubrey would completely sleep through the night. Between the two waking each other in the morning....it can be as early as 4:30am. Aubrey has an internal clock that wakes her at that time. I feed her and try to put her back to bed, she just talks and talks, which wakes Connor, then we are all up. I have had a tough week of really early mornings. Connor was sleeping through the night at 5 months so Aubrey at 7.5 months seems like FOREVER!
That is it from here! Hope you are all well!
No comments:
Post a Comment