Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rain in Sunny California

Kids in their miss matched clothes
after getting caught in the rain



Aubrey lovin' her bath!

Hey everyone!

I have been feeling right at home here the past few days. We have had tons of rain here and it has been fantastic. I know people think I am crazy to love the rain, but let's face it, there isn't much of it here, so when it comes I love it. I was out taking the kids for a walk yesterday and got caught in a down pour! I mean I had my rain slicker on and the kids were in the stroller, Aubrey was completely covered but Connor was kinda covered. He hasn't seen much rain so I let him stand outside and pelt his face. He was laughing and loved it. Just like his momma!
Because of all this rain, John and I decided that we needed a little get a way to some sun (ha, ha , ha) We are taking an impromptu trip to Hawaii this upcoming Saturday. The deal was just too good to pass up. Mom offered to come out and watch the kids for a few days, so we are kid less and heading to Maui. It is bittersweet....I don't remember the last time I was so giddy to get on the plane and jet off to somewhere tropical. The other side of the coin is that I am leaving the kids. Granted, it will be nice to get away from them for a little while, I will miss them terribly. This will be the first time I leave Aubrey since she was born....well overnight. But she is in good hands. My mom is a brave woman to come take care of these two monsters. Thanks Mom, I love you. They will be so good for you I promise!!
We hit a little hiccup that made me think we might actually have to cancel our trip. Aubrey has been waking up a few hours after she has gone to bed for the night...screaming. As soon as I pick her up she stops crying and I have been feeding her a bottle, but the minute I go to put her back down. She starts screaming. It is not like her...usually if she wakes, she is back down in 5 minutes. She has had us up for 2-3 hours just crying. This morning I called the advice nurse and right away she said that it might be the draining in her ears. After about 4 hours or so there could be a lot of pressure against her eardrum causing her to not want to lay down. That is why she would stop crying the minute I picked her up. She is really happy during the days and sleeps for her naps very easily....it was just at night. So, I gave her a warm bottle tonite, Tylenol and sat in a steamy bathroom for 20 minutes. We will see if the advice nurse was right. I am keeping my fingers crossed! I don't want to cancel our trip!!
I am staying optimistic and still getting ready for our little vacation...we were so lucky to get amazing hotel and flight deals so it made our decision that much easier. I have my hair done and my mani/pedi so I am ready to go!
Well, I am off for dinner hope you all had a great Valentine's weekend!

No comments: