Hmmm, I just logged on to realize that it has been almost a whole month since I last posted. I just keep getting longer and longer in between posts. Oh well, I guess running after 2 toddlers and being pregnant with a third are bound to have some side effects.
Christmas was wonderful. We got to spend a lot of time with both families which was so nice for the kids. We made the big long drive back home to California after the New Year and thank goodness we made it over the passes when we did because the day after we got home, they had a huge dump of snow and even closed! That would have been some tricky driving. We made it home in record time...15 hours! WE stopped less and the kids were such troopers. Hard to believe that next time we make the long drive, we will have 3 kids.
We got home and started to get ourselves settled into our new house. We had only been here 3 weeks before we left for Washington! So, Connor got all settled into his new big boy bed. He started preschool and swimming lessons without mommy in the pool. Aubrey has now started the baby swim class that I once brought Connor to.
Needless to say, the first week back was crazy busy! We had a whole new schedule and it just tuckered everyone out. Connor LOVES preschool and just gets so excited to go. He doesn't even flinch when I leave him and is full of smiles when I pick him up. His swim lessons are so fun to watch as he progresses to learn how to swim on his own. The kicker for me is keeping miss Aubrey occupied during swim times....that has been a challenge!
Aubrey is now in her crib without bumpers....she surprised us the other day by tumbling out of her crib and wailing at her door. Since the bumpers have come out, she hasn't tried to escape. I am really hoping she stays in her crib past the time the baby is due. I am not quite ready to have her mobile! She is talking up a storm, 3 words together at a time, she loves to talk to people on the phone. She is climbing on everything....I mean if I don't push a chair in, she is all over it and climbing on the kitchen table. This girl is a handful! I think it is safe to say she is entering the terrible twos a little earlier than her brother. I am hoping she gets it all out of her system before her little brother or sister enters the world! She is throwing tantrums when I change her diaper, when I take something from her and her fainting spells have become a bit more frequent. She is 19 months and they still aren't very fun to watch! She is still a fun hearted little thing with Shirley temple like hair. It just gets more curly as it gets longer. It is so funny...I have no idea where this curliness came from.
John is back at work and plugging along. We are just counting down the days we head to Palm Springs as a little family for 4 days as our little winter get-a-way. I am about 23-24 weeks pregnant...the dr. says my due date is May 20th, but when I went in for the ultrasound before Christmas, they had me at May 14th a day before John's birthday. The sex of the baby is still a surprise which is really fun. I think when my postings began I had an inkling it was a girl, well I am changing it to a boy....I don't know why, but I am thinking this pregnancy is a bit more like Connor's. We will see! I am feeling good, just keeping busy with Connor and Aubs!
No comments:
Post a Comment