Today is John's 31st birthday! Happy Birthday John!!! We started off this morning with Connor waking John up with a birthday card from both him and Aubrey and a Starbucks gift card. We tend to go there every weekend so I thought it was a good gift from the kids! Along with the card were 3 roses from our garden, one for every decade John has been here. We had birthday cacakes as Connor calls them (for the rest of us they are pancakes) and some coffee. It was a really nice morning. This evening John and I are headed out to Gordon Biersch brewery in Palo Alto with some of his co-workers. We have Kelsey, our babysitter, coming over to watch the kids. Connor has been talking about Kesley for days! It will be fun for him to hang out with her. Other than having to go to work, I think John enjoyed his day.
I also enjoyed my mother's day...although my real present is my trip to Las Vegas this Friday for my friend Shana's bachelorette party, I still was awaken by Connor and Aubrey with 2 little roses....one each representing my little rosebuds in Connor and Aubrey. We got up had coffee, went for a walk, just hung out as a family and even ate dinner together...all 4 of us! That doesn't happen very often. It was a lovely day.
It made me realize that one of these days, my little ones won't be so little anymore. It made me more aware that I need to relish the moments I have with them now because even though it is hard now, one day I will miss all this.
Some fun new things the kids are into these days are playing in the same crib. Connor often asks to go to bed and then proceeds to ask us to bring Aubrey to bed. We put them both in Connor's crib and they have the best time, giggling and laughing. It is really fun and beautiful to see them love each other so much. Then in the same breath, Connor knocks Aubrey over and you wonder how things change so fast! Ultimately, they do love each other. The other day I took Aubrey to swimming while John came home to watch Connor for this short period of time. I guess all Connor did was ask "where Aubee go??" and wanted to go lay in her bed. When I heard that my heart melted for this sweet little boy that loves his little sister. It is times like that I know that having them 18 months apart is worth it.
Connor has been showing lots of independence these days, he likes to walk with me holding my hand, he takes the shopping cart around with me at the store and he likes to fill the cart, empty the cart and help me pay for things. He is becoming quite the little helper.
Aubrey took her first 2 steps a few days ago. She hasn't tried since, but just today she stood up all by herself from sitting on the ground. There was nothing to pull her up just herself. IT is only a matter of time before she realizes she can walk. Then it is all over!
We are slowly getting ready for our flight up to Seattle at the end of the month. We have gotten Connor a pair of kids headphones and are trying to get him used to watching shows on the computer. This is so when we get on that plane, hopefully he won't go ballistic like 6 months ago but just watch TV! We are armed with the CARS movie, hannah montana and Thomas the Train. It is a 2 hour flight so I am hoping this is all we need...besides lots of food!
We are so looking forward to spending time at Sandy Point and getting to see our families. Although, the primary reason for the trip is Shana's wedding, it is nice that we are coming up the weekend before to see family and relax! John is excited to get his remote office up and running. This will make it easy for him to work from up there. This is in anticipation of our month long trip up there in August which I am equally excited for!
The kids are napping and I am having a cup of tea...time to go read a book and relax for the short time I have. Enjoy some of these photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment