
The girls with Thunder from Down Under
Again, it has been forever since i have updated...the days get away with me sometimes. I had a nice little break from being a mommy a few weekends ago. I attended my friend Shana's Bachelorette Party extravaganza in Las Vegas. Let me tell you 18 ladies descending on Vegas is GOOD TIMES! We had such a blast! We went to dinner, lounged by the pool, went to a few clubs (which are normally not my thing) but surprisingly I had a great time! The highlight of the trip was definitely seeing Thunder From Down Under...for those of you not familiar with this show, it is like Chip N Dales but all the men are Aussie! I wasn't sure what to expect and frankly I was prepared to hide under the table if I had do. It turned out to be a hoot! Just imagine 4 different bachelorette parties at least and their entourages....a LOT of screaming girls! It was so great for me to get away for a few days and thanks to my wonderful husband who took one for the team and handled both kids solo for two days. It made a world of difference to be out with my girlfriends for a weekend away. I will post some pictures of my trip.
In other news, Connor I think is getting his 2 year molars which means he is up multiple times a night whining. I didn't put two and two together till a few days ago. He has been putting things in his mouth and putting his hand up there all day long. Aubrey is sprouting like a weed....she is doing new things all of the time....she stands by herself and so far I have seen her only try to take 2 steps or so. I have a feeling shortly she will just take off. She started clapping (and is very proud of herself for that). She can climb the stairs in the backyard, but isn't very careful about sitting up on them and tumbling over. We have to watch her like a hawk. She has said a few different words...More, Mama, Dada and the kicker..."No Way" courtesy of her big brother. That is something Connor says in conjunction with No Thank You a lot these days. Aubrey must hear the inflection in his voice because 3 different times I thought "did she just say what I thought she said?" but then dismissed it. John has heard it too, so I know now, that is what she says although she may not necessarily know what it means. I think she is teething as well. We had all 6 of those first teeth come in then nothing...she has been extra fussy, so my assumption is we will see some more poking through soon. Her hair is getting curlier and blonder. This past Sunday we went to John's aunt Coni's house for dinner and they hadn't seen us in about a month. When we walked in they couldn't believe how thinned out Aubrey was and how curly her hair was. They all think she looks like John as a baby. yup, both my kids resemble John...I am sure 1 out of the 4 will get my coloring right?? I was really hoping Aubrey's hair would stay red, but sadly I think she is losing the red and it is going to blond. She will be beautiful with either strawberry or blond hair, I was just hoping for a tiny bit of me!!
We are getting ready for our trip up to Bellingham/Seattle for some time with the families and Shana's wedding. We leave this Friday and I can't be more excited. We will be spending time at our place at Sandy Point, which we haven't seen since December. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I am looking forward to that. I think the families are looking forward to seeing the kids too. It will be so nice to be up there when the sun is out rather than the freezing snow and below zero windchill! The next hurdle is the plane ride. I am getting as prepared as possible. As some of you may remember, 6 months ago coming back from Seattle Connor has a complete meltdown and demanding to get out for almost the whole flight. That was fun! Now he is a bit older and we are armed with DVDs of Thomas The Tank Engine and the Cars movie. I bought him a traveling magna doodle that he hasn't seen before and thanks to my friend Gillian, I bought a bag of Dum Dum lollipops for dire emergency! I am hoping all will be fine. I mean it is only a 2 hour flight, but sometimes you just have no idea what will set them off.
Wish us luck! We will see some of you in a few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment