Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Aubrey turns 1 Hoooray!!!!!




Our baby girl turned 1 this past Monday. Seriously, she still feels like she just got here. Where did the time go? She is becoming such a big girl and a little cuddle bug to boot. I am just enjoying her so much these days. She still has a little separation anxiety but overall she has a sweet personality. Her hair is just nuts....curls everywhere and it gets commented on wherever she goes. For our little one year old, we just had a little family celebration with just the four of us. John made the typical birthday meal of homemade chicken fingers, mac and cheese and of course for desert, Aubrey got her own sprinkles cupcake! As in Clendenin tradition, Aubs dunked her foot in the cake for good luck! She sure motored on through the food! We got video of the whole affair but realized we forgot to snap the photos! I have 1 photo of her on my lap with a cupcake, but those of you we see in August can get the full effect when we see you!

Also in big news....our big boy Connor went into a toddler bed on Friday night. I was always excited and dreading this moment. I wasn't sure how it would happen and how Connor would react. We had tried to transition him before but it didn't go over so well. This time we caught him climbing out of the crib. We stood there in front of him and encouraged him to try so we could see if he was able to. Well, obviously not we caught him as he took a header onto our hardwood floors. At that point, we took off the rail and put tons of comforters and pillows on the floor until we could get to the store for a little mesh rail to keep him in bed. Once we got the rail up, he was able to get out of the crib by himself but still stay in bed. He did great! He only stays in his room, he does get out of bed to mess with Aubrey so they play for a good hour at night. But he never comes out of the room, he sleeps through the night and waits for us to come to him in the morning to get out even though he can on his own. It has been great! I dreaded the transition yet, it went so smooth. I have to say I did feel a little sad on Friday night that my little boy was growing up. It was the next step to a big boy and along with Aubrey turning 1 that same weekend, it was just a bit overwhelming. When did my babies get so big?? Next on the list of things...potty training. Connor heads into pre-school a year from this fall since his birthday falls in December, he has to be potty trained so we have 1.5 years to work on it!

Funny, most of my posts are generally about what is new with Aubrey and now we just past Aubrey's birthday and I have more to say about Connor!

I also wanted to give a special shout out to my best friend Claudine! She welcomed baby Hudson Andrew Ernst Benda on June 15th--Yup on Aubrey's birthday!. He was 5.2 pounds and 41.5 cm long. He was about 6 weeks early but is doing great. I have yet to see photos but have talked to both Claudine and Robert and everybody is happy and healthy. Robert is the most giddy daddy I have ever seen. He is so in love with his baby boy already!

Could Claudine have planned it any better? How do 2 best friends of 30 years share a wedding anniversary ( a day apart) as well as our babies having the same birthdays. So special! My mom thinks we both should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket! Congratulations Claudine and Robert i can't wait to hold little Hudson!!

Oh and for your viewing pleasure a little video of Connor and Aubs doing what they do best...Dancing! Just check out the little botts bouncing up and down! Those of you that get this on email go to http://www.theclendeninclan.blogspot.com/






1 comment:

MeanKatie said...

I really like their choice in dance music. So cute.