Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Some Family and a Wedding

Me and Shana, the beautiful bride!


High School buddies Me, Katie and Tom




The back of Leah's head and Shana walking down the aisle



The bridal party




The venue, Lord Hill Farms in Monroe





Our deck at Sandy Point and the Clendenins


The View

little miss Aubrey




Connor learning to play cards with his aunts and uncle


More Clendenins


2 of 3 of Connor and Aubrey's great grandmothers (Nan and Tutu)


the g-mas (Coco and Nana)


Hello!! Well, we are back from our week long trip to Seattle! First off, I think we brought the California weather with us. It was gorgeous the whole time we were there...funny enough it rained the whole week in Palo Alto.

First things first...the plane ride...the much anticipated flight from Oakland to Bellingham. For those of you that need a refresher, the last time we were on the plane with both kids was 6 months ago. That was when Connor had the biggest meltdown just screaming and saying "get out" the whole flight. Needless to say, we were not flying again for a while. Then my friend Shana got engaged and was having a wedding. Since I was going to be a bridesmaid, we needed to be there for the wedding. Well, we ended up on a plane once again. To our amazement Connor was totally fine! No meltdowns or anything. It was Aubrey this go around. She was just so tired and having troubles falling asleep on me. She is a feisty little thing...she likes to buck back in your arms when she is ticked and being on the plane was no exception. She did not want to sit there. Finally with about 3o minutes left in the flight she fell asleep! Once we landed we got off the plane and I looked down and somewhere between getting up out of the seat and walking off the plane, Aubrey threw up! Sweet.....that is what I thought to myself. The flight was just long enough for Connor he was starting to get shifty and we had to bring out the emergency candy....a lollipop....we thought that would keep him busy for a while, but nope, he just bit right into it and was finished with it in 2 minutes...so much for that idea! We got off the plane unscathed! The ride back was okay too, just a squirmy Aubrey and another episode of her throwing up once we landed. I think she has motion sickness. I get it when I swing on swings and sometimes in the car but never on a plane! Ah the joys of traveling with children!

As for some of the highlights of our trip, we had both families over for dinner at our house at Sandy Point. It was gorgeous! The sun was out, the tide was coming in and Mt. Baker was just stunning. How could you get any better than that. Good drinks, Good Food made for good times. We stayed up at Sandy Point until mid week when we headed down to Snohomish to stay with the Clendenins. John's parents lived 20 minutes from the wedding venue for Shana's wedding, that we thought it would be a good idea to head down there for all the festivities. We had a fabulous time. Shana's wedding was beautiful, every little touch was her, she was one of the most beautiful brides I have seen and it was so fun and an honor to be a bridesmaid and be a part of it. I also got to re-connect with some long lost friends of mine...Katie Tomlin, Leah Knapp, Tom Larsen and Mary Fleming! It was so fun and brought back so many memories for me. Funny thing is I wasn't the only one who was running into old high school friends. John actually ran into one of his best friends from high school at the wedding. One that he hasn't seen since he graduated. Turns out, the Groom (Aaron) and John and all the groomsmen all went to the same high school and graduated the same year. They all thought everyone looked familiar but nothing ever clicked. Even more of a small world is that for Shana's bachelorette party one of the girls that attended was the girlfriend of John's best friend from high school. So, it was one big party that night. That all made sense in my head...hopefully it makes sense to everyone on paper!

I have posted some pictures of Shana's wedding, plus our little dinner at Sandy Point. I miss Washington already and can't wait to be back there in August.


























Love to you all!




















































No comments: