Chilling at the zoo
Happy 4th of July! It is with a full belly and a nice cold Mojito that I bring you this blog! We have had a fabulous weekend so far...just hanging out together. John had Friday off and we took the kids to the San Francisco Zoo. IT was the first time for all of us, so we weren't sure what to expect. It is really a great location...right on the water! They had such a great variety of animals and surprisingly they did keep Connor's interest for about 5 minutes! He liked to see them, but had more fun watching the other kids race around the zoo. The most popular area for our little family ended up being the farm petting zoo. Connor and Aubrey just loved it. I actually got Aubrey out of the stroller and let her toddle around. She was giggling and chasing the goats and sheep it was so cute! She is growing up. Connor liked the sheep too, but loved the tractors you could sit on the most. The most eventful thing that happened to us that day was Connor deciding to kick his shoe off into the gorilla exhibit....yes, you read that correctly, John was holding Connor up to get a better look at the gorilla, and he kicked his foot and the shoe tumbled right into the pit. Needless to say, Connor was ticked off that he lost his shoe and the gorilla has a new chew toy.
Today is the 4th of July and we had a little BBQ with just the 4 of us. We went on 2 long walks and I snuck out to Old Navy to get some Capris! It was such a great day.
The biggest news in our family right now is Connor is pretty much potty trained! I can't believe it, but for the last 2 weeks he has only been wearing diapers while he sleeps and asks to go to the "potty" all of the time. I have to say, as a parent I was dreading this aspect of child rearing. I just pictured tantrums and messy accidents all the time, but really all it took were a few jelly beans as a reward and some Thomas the Tank Engine underwear. He loves being a big boy. I know that usually the transition to going on the potty is not this easy. I am expecting a lot of resisting and feistiness when it comes to miss Aubrey. The only thing I am not sure of yet, is how we get Connor comfortable to going potty anywhere else but his little potty at home. We haven't run into this issue yet, but curious how it will work.
We are gearing up for our big 16 hour car ride to Bellingham on July 31. We are really excited to be spending a full month up there. The past few times we have visited, things have been busy, chaotic and way too short! We have been trying to get the place ready and such. Now I am just excited to enjoy my family and friends in our cute little place. We decided that we are going to leave at 6pm on a Friday night and just drive all night until we arrive in bellingham. With the kids as young as they are, we figure the most hours we drive while they are sleeping the better. Blake and Mark better send John and I a case of redbull just to get us through the drive.
I wanted to also give a special shout out to my cousins Jamie and Zac Forsey in Winston-Salem, NC. This weekend was a momentous occasion for those two. Zac graduated from Medical School at Wake Forest. After 4 years of grueling work, rotations and large tests, he now enters the world of residency as Dr. Forsey. I have enjoyed talking with Jamie through their whole journey and I can't be more happy and proud of them. Congrats Dr. and Mrs. Forsey!!
Well, that is it from our neck of the woods! Here are some pics of the last few weeks!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out! I am glad to finally post about his graduation since it is kinda a big deal. Looks like you guys had a fun 4th - too funny about Connor's shoe.
Post a Comment