Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On The Mend








The past 4 weeks have been pretty tough in our household. Connor had an ongoing cough that wouldn't go away. I finally took him into the doctor to find that he had double ear infections! My sweet boy never acted any different except for this cough. Hard to believe that he wouldn't have told me if his ear hurt. So, we started the pink amoxcicillan for his ears. A few days later, his cough got worse then all of a sudden he got a rash all over his body from head to toe. Off to the doctor we went. We went in so they can tell us that the rash was a non allergic reaction to the medicine and it will just go away. Just to be safe, they changed medicines too. IN the meantime, Aubrey caught the croup and while we were at the doctor for Connor I had them check Aubrey's ears...sure enough she had an ear infection as well...more pink medicine in our house! Luckily, both of my kids liked the taste of it so it wasn't hard to get them to drink it. Connor's rash went away in 48 hours but having two toddlers home bound for almost 2 weeks was brutal. There was a lot of reading books and movies and car rides!

A few days later, yours truly caught the nasty cold and lucky for me being pregnant, there isn't much that I can do or take to relieve my sympstoms. So, I was an exhausted, pregnant lady for a little while, we can add irritable to the list as well! 3 weeks later I am still sounding plugged but on the mend. Aubs and Connor had check-ups today and Connor is great, Aubrey's ears are on the mend, but we just need to make sure she doesn't get sick before they get better!

Luckily, we got all the sickness out of the way before the Clendenins arrived. John's family came to stay with us for 4 days. We had a blast with them down here and the time went way too fast. We miss them already and can't wait to see them again soon. While the family was here, John and I took the opportunity to leave the kids with them and go out for some time on our own. We walked around, went to lunch and came back with a new car! We knew with my due date approaching we would have to get our bigger car soon. We thought this would be a great wekeend to do it. We are now the proud owners of a new GMC Acadia. It is the best car and I just love driving it already. We got it just in time for our 7 hour treck to Palm Springs tomorrow morning!

Since we are leaving tomorrow, I am hopping off the computer and delving into getting ready!! I will post again once we are back and have more pictures!!

No comments: