Friday, June 18, 2010

Berry Picking

mmm berry cobbler

Me and Logan hanging out






























Today marked a momentous day for me. I ventured out with all 3 kids and some of my girlfriends and their kids to Webb Ranch to pick some blackberries. I can't tell you how much I wavered back and forth talking myself out of going and then going again. In the end, John talked me into going saying how much fun the kids would have. So, going against the nagging feeling in the back of my head, I decided to venture out. Well, Connor had a blast...running all over the place, eating berries and picking the non-ripe ones just because he could. I don't think I saw him the whole hour and a half we were there. He was off with his little friends. Aubrey on the other hand was having a bit of a rough day. She had a meltdown over something which isn't new for her, but once I got her in the car and came back for Logan I looked over and she was asleep in her car seat. The only way to keep Aubrey awake in the car is to put a movie on. So in went "A Bugs Life" to keep her little eyes open.

In the end, I was out in the field for a little while, but Aubrey was a bit overwhelmed and over tired so I ended up in the car with her and Logan while Connor went on with his friends for another 45 minutes. He had so much fun it was all he could talk about for the rest of the day. Thanks to my friend Nellie's daughter, Ella, we had some berries to take home. Had I just left the picking to Connor, we wouldn't have come home with any! He was eating them faster than he could pick them. With the berries that were "donated" to us from Ella, Connor and I made a berrie cobble and enjoyed it that night for dessert. You can see this is the part that Aubrey LOVED.

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: