Saturday, October 29, 2011

Singapore and Hong Kong

Okay, so back to blogging but not as frequently as I had hoped.  I said I would do a post that talked about our amazing trip over to Asia... well, here we go!

John was asked to accompany a client over to Singapore and Hong Kong for meetings.  While they were chatting about it, they asked if I would like to come along...ummmm....let me think, YES PLEASE!  Then some real negotiating took place: What to do with our 3 little munchkins.  As fate would have it, we were up in Sandy Point near Bellingham visiting our families in August and our trip to Asia would happen first of September.  So, both our parents decided to take turns watching the three kids for us.  It was such a difficult thing to ask because 3 kids under 4 is not easy!  Thanks to both Nana and Papa and Coa Coa and Boots for taking such great care of our babies for us so we could enjoy this trip. It truly was a trip of a lifetime.

We were lucky enough to fly over business class so our seats literally turned into beds! IT was surreal, all the food you could eat, I mean it was amazing.  We landed in Singapore and John ended up only being busy a few hours a day in meetings so we were able to explore and enjoy Singapore.  We were lucky enough to meet up with some family over there.  John's cousins Alisa and her family live over there.  We went out to dinner and visited, then the next day Alisa and I got mani/pedis it was fabulous!

3 days later we were off to Hong Kong.  I have to admit I was worried about this city and how I would like it.  Turns out it was way better than I ever thought.  Very modern, cool and just fun! We had spectacular views, got to eat at the famous Jockey Club for lunch, had High Tea at the Peninsula hotel (that was one of my musts!).  We haggled at the jade market for some baubles and ate great food.  We were there for 3 days as well and it was all worth it!

So glad we saw it, but were so glad to come home to the babies!  We had about 15 hours in plane travel, landed in San Fran then 3 hours later flew up to Seattle to get the kids to drive back 15 hours the next day.  We were exhausted!

Here are some highlights of our trip:

                                                           Business Class!


                                                         High Tea

                            Chinese University of Hong Kong


                                             Hong Kong at night

                                    More High Tea!



                                         Little China in Singapore


                                             Singapore


                 The Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Casino...and Sky Park above. 

No comments: