Chilling in the back yard
Where do I begin?? Let's start with Aubrey, she will be 10 months old on April 15, I just can't believe it...wasn't she just born? Can she really be almost a year old? Some new things she is into is crawling! Yes, she finally decided to take that next step or "crawl" in the next direction. She had been rocking on her knees for what seemed like forever but in the last few days she actually gained some ground. She still prefers to kind of just sit still, but at least she makes an effort to get around when she really wants to.
Her favorite thing is to stand while you hold her hands...she loves it and protests a ton when you try to sit her down on the floor. She has been doing lots of protesting lately especially when it means putting her in her carseat, high chair or stroller. It is a battle and she lets me know it! She is also sitting up in her crib and contantly talking to Connor or peering at him through the slats of the crib. Often, times Connor laughs back with her and it is the cutest thing ever.
We had a little scare with Aubrey at the beginning of the week. I was changing her on the change table and I had my hand on her body, and never moved...in an instant she flipped on to her belly and fell right off the changing table onto the hard wood floors. I screamed so loud and my heart stopped. Connor started screaming because I was screaming and Aubrey just started to cry. She was fine, had no bumps or bruises but just to be sure we took her to the Emergency Room. 20 minutes later, they gave her a clean bill of health and said that babies falling off the changing tables is pretty common. Well, I won't be changing her up there again anytime soon thank you very much. I don't need to be scared like that again. That was officially my first trip to the emergency room...which is pretty good considering I have a dare devil 2 year old boy.
One other big thing is that she is almost completely off baby food and only eating people food. She scarfs down mealtoaf, chicken parmesan and whatever I put in front of her. The girl can put it away....she is definitely a Robertson/Clendenin! The boys will be lining up to take her on a date! Video down below.
Connor, he is still talking up a storm...his newest thing is calling us Kim and John rather than mommy and daddy. At first we thought it was so funny, but he is taking to calling John by his real name all of the time. We are having to correct him and call him daddy. I am hoping I don't need to start calling him daddy all the time...don't know if I am down with that!
We started going to a play group at the park near our house once a week with John's cousin Johanna. There are so many boys Connor's age, he just can't wait to get to that park to tackle them all. He talks about the park constantly and starts hounding me to go the minute he wakes up in the morning. It is not easy to keep a toddler at bay. We have had quite a few meltdowns waiting for 10am to come.
Video of Aubrey eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment