Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So many things so little time















Where do I begin....this family has had its share of accidents recently...first Aubrey falls off the changing table and then just last Monday, I was badly burned by boiling water all over my lap! I was making iced tea since it was supposed to be 93 degrees here. The water was steeping in the tea pitcher, which I have used since I was married. .... I went to move the pitcher to a different counter to get it out of the way and the whole thing just shattered in my hands. The boiling water went down the front of me onto my lap and I screamed so loud Connor was freaked out. I quickly peeled my clothes off to find that my skin was already seeing the effects of this. I called John got him to come home (this is when I am thankful he works 5 minutes away). Put Aubrey in her crib brought a crying Connor into the bathroom with me while I sat in the tub under cold water. Connor just kept saying he was sorry...poor little guy thought it was something he did. In the end the glass pitcher was in smithereens all over the kitchen floor, in my attempt to get out of the kitchen and my clothes, I fell and slipped in the glass and the water. Luckily, I didn't cut myself. The best luck of all is that the kids were no where near me when it happened.


I spent the day (4 hours) in an ice bath at home. I couldn't even get out of the water without feeling the searing burn. Thank goodness my friend Nellie 2 doors down is a nurse so she ran over here with her kids in tow and totally took charge! John's cousin's Jessica and Jeremy took the kids to their house for a couple hours just so we could focus on what to do with me! In the end, I didn't end up going to the hospital, but I was in lots of pain and just kept my leg wrapped up and did as the nurses told me.


Now that a week has passed, I notice I really did a number on myself! I am hoping there is no scaring, but this burn is going to be here for a while and will take weeks to heal. I just keep telling myself I was lucky because it could have been worse!


Okay onto lighter topics! Aubrey is standing by herself! I don't know what happened but the fast forward button just keeps going with her! She crawls, pulls herself up, transfers to other pieces of furniture and now stands on her own for a good long time. This girl is determined to walk soon! Oh and today for the first time ever, I put Aubrey's hair in pig tails....they are tiny, but they are there!!


Connor is still doing the same....being feisty, being loving and being funny all at the same time. One minute you are so mad at him and the next you just want to squeeze and hug him. He loves to sing all the songs from Disney Radio. We just introduced him to Thomas the Tank Engine....HE LOVES it!! I think some Thomas trains will be going into a goodie bag for the airplane ride at the end of the month!

The last thing I think I should mention is that Connor and Aubrey went to a pancake pajama dance party for Sadie, the little girl 2 doors down. She turned 3 and they had a little party for her. I have a video of some of the dancing portion...Connor and his little crazy toe dance. Sadie is the birthday girl with the cute yellow flower tank top. Her older sister Ella is 7 and the one in the pink plaid looking like she knows what she is doing. Then there is little sister Lilian just toddling around in a night shirt. The rest are kids from the party!



Enjoy the photos of the little ones above....there always seem to be more of Aubrey these days but I think that is because she is in the middle of so many milestones!






No comments: