Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goin' Back to Cali, Cali......


Eating at the Carnegie Deli
Lombardi's with the best tour guides ever!

Tom and John touching the bull!





Getting my bracelet at Tiffanys



Natasha Beddingfield performing on the Today show








Matt Lauer talking with Natasha






Terra and I taking in the Today Show





View from our room...Times Square

If you can believe it a whole month has gone by and we have left our cute little house in Sandy Point and are back in our house in Palo Alto. I have to see it is sad to be gone from the house and our families, but it is good to be back here and getting into our groove again. This is our first week back and we have hit the ground running. First of all, we did the whole trip home in 1 day..yup, left at 7:15am and got in the driveway at 11:30pm. The kids did great again which was surprising. There was a point in time where we had to let them out of the car at a rest area to run around, but then they were back in the car. Connor had us stopping mulitple times in an hour to "go potty" Thank goodness for the travel potty that my friend Jannie gave me. We have used that thing so many times. LIFESAVER. Connor easily figured out that any time he said "go potty" we would stop, get him out and let him go. So after a while it was every 15 minutes he would say it. We finally just had to ignore him and put a movie on so he wouldn't think about it so much. I am happy to report that there were no accidents and that Connor is FULLY potty trained! It is so nice being down to one set of diapers!

Aubrey is really talking up a storm and repeats everything you say. I am not used to that at 14.5 months. I mean Connor took forever to start spewing out words! She is growing up so fast. Connor has to do EVERYTHING by himself..all we hear is "mines" or "Connor do" I have had to start incorporating him helping me at everything to keep him out of trouble!

Since we have been back, we have visited with our neighbors the Johnson's right down the street. Connor has been missing his girls (Ella, Sadie and Lilian). I have decided to try out the Gym 2 minutes away. They have free child care while you work out. I have gone 2 times this week and loved it. The kids were great when I dropped them off the first day, today it was all screams and cries and clinging to me as the babysitters shooed my out the door. Evidently the screaming stopped in like 5 seconds! Feisty little things!

Oh, and I don't think I have posted since our trip to NYC! It was so amazing! Thank you so much to the Clendenins for watching the kids while we had our get a way. I have to say the highlight of the trip was the TODAY show. I was just giddy as I caught glimpes of Matt, Ann and AL-- Meredith was on vacation. I also got to see Natasha Beddingfield perform on the show at Rockefellar center. It was so cool! We saw every part of New York there was to see..my feet hurt, I was sweaty and had to take 2 showers a day since it was so humid. I am not complaining though...it was the best. We had the best food, saw a show, used the subway.....so much fun.


PS- It is late for me so I am going to bed without proof reading...excuse any spelling errors and know that I will be up at 5:30 with my kids!





No comments: