I don't know what is going on...but it seems I have been getting further and further in between postings. Hmmm...maybe it is the fact that I am chasing Connor and Aubrey around all of the time. I mean seriously, things have been brought up to a new level lately. Connor has decided that now is the time to really kick it into the terrible twos. I am literally refereeing all day long. I think Connor is in time out almost all day long, Aubrey is taunting him in time out all day long. It is just a long song and dance. We have been going about this routine for about 2 weeks now and it has been taking its toll. Like right now...I just got up from the computer because Connor decided to bowl Aubrey over for no reason....now he is in time out and Aubrey is headed over for more punishment from Connor. UGH! I just keep telling myself this is only a phase and will end, but I won't lie that this constant disciplining is daunting and mentally exhausting!
Oh and 2 weeks before all this, both kids decided it would be fun to tag team mommy and daddy and wake up at 4am! Yes, that is what I said, 4am and refusing to go back to bed. Lots of yelling and screaming and finally I was afraid we would wake the neighbors and got up with them. Finally after 2 weeks of this and being exhausted and in tears, I just let them both cry it out and to my astonishment, they both went back to sleep! After that, it kinda broke the cycle and hasn't happened. Thank goodness.
In other news around here.....I think John and I have decided to try to buy a house down here. I know we had plans to move to Seattle sooner than later, but I think John is trying to go the Partner route and feels like if he stays here until that milestone, it will be very beneficial for us. Then once he makes Partner, he can pretty much do whatever he wants. So, that means we are down here for 4-5 years. We have decided that if we can afford something around here, that is what the plan should be. We have a realtor and have just started looking at places. Keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to find something big enough for this family.
Soooooo, that is the goings on here....John just got home from work...I will try to be better about updating this more regularly. I should add photos, but don't think I have taken any in a while!!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment