Friday, March 12, 2010

Timing

They say timing is everything....I finally made up my mind that I was going to wait to try and potty train Aubrey and wait to move her into a big girl bed. I struggled going back and forth on weather I should try to make these transitions before the baby gets here. I decided that Aubrey will be almost 2 when the baby gets here and she can wait until she is a little older to be put in her big girl bed and to start going to the bathroom. Connor to my surprise was such an easy little boy to potty train. We started him at 2.5 and boom within a few weeks he wasn't even wearing diapers overnight to bed anymore. With the personality of my daughter, I have a feeling that we are going to have a rough time getting her to train quickly! Even though they say girls are way easier to potty train, I still figure I will wait for her to be a bit more mature.

Well, I think all of my hard thinking and planning is going to have to go out the window. This little girl has all of a sudden decided that the potty looks fun and interesting. Not to mention she is starting to really not like putting a diaper on. Great! That is fun being almost 8 months pregnant and having to fight a toddler to put on the one thing that keeps messes off the floor!

Today was actually pretty funny and I am glad I can laugh at it. Aubrey was sitting on my lap and looked at me and said "Mommy, potty, potty, potty" I said okay let's go! We took the diaper off, she got on the big potty because she was refusing the little one. She sees Connor and the rest of us on the big one so why not. I lifted her on and to my surprise I could hear her trying to go. Nothing was coming so I said all done! Let's put your diaper on. She took one look at me and yelled "NO" and took off down the hallway. I chased her to the front room where she hopped in a toy bin as if to hide. I went to get her and to my shock, she started to pee in it! Little stinker! She obviously knew she had to go but her execution is off!

This was actually the second "potty" event of the morning....the first one was ugly! Connor was yelling MOMMMMMYYYYY! Aubrey went poopy....ewww quick quick. I ran out to find my daughter had stuck her hands in the back of her diaper and was wiping poop on her belly. Oh yeah...that was fun. This is actually the second time I have caught her doing that. Lucky for me, this time John was still here and we were able to get her cleaned up.

Ahh yes, can we really start this potty training process NOW? I mean my belly is big making everyhting more difficult. So we will see how this progresses.

As for her bed, was have been a on a 3 day streak of both kids getting up at 6am which hasn't happened since everyone got sick and since our trip to Palm Springs. Now that this is happening we don't want to mess with it. I think she will be in her crib for a little while longer at least until the baby is old enough to go in it. Well, this is what we have made our minds up about now. You never know things seem to change on a dime.

Gotta love the timing of all this! Usually, I have pictures to share, but lucky for you I don't have any documentation of the stories above!

No comments: