Friday, April 9, 2010

Woah baby!









As of today I am anywhere between 34 and 35 weeks pregnant. I got to have an ultrasound on Wednesday just to see the heartbeat and make sure baby was head down. I am happy to report baby is snug in the head down position and most likely will stay that way until the end. It is hard to believe that my dr. is already telling me to get a bag packed just in case. I keep thinking it is way to early for that, but really...this pregnancy has gone by so very quickly.

This weekend will bring all things baby to the house. We are going to re-arrange the clothes for all the kids in the drawers and make room for some neutral newborn clothing. Once i get all the clothes put in the right places for each kid, I think I will start to feel more ready for this little one. Aubrey's crib is set up as a toddler bed in Connor's room just waiting for her. She is really on the verge of moving into a toddler bed. I keep holding off as long as I can and so far it is working. The potty training is sporadic as well, which is just as well for me because it is getting way too hard to bend down and sit on the floor with her, take off her diaper etc...so a little longer would be nice!

On Sunday I am lucky enough to have some amazing friends here in Palo Alto throw me a pedicure shower to celebrate the impending arrival of baby #3. A whole bunch of us are getting together at a nail spa and getting pedicures. Thanks to Nellie and Jannie for planning this whole thing. It will be so nice to relax without all of us running after our little ones. A little pampering is always nice!

In other fantastic news, I was FINALLY able to secure a date, time and place to get all 3 kids baptized. For those of you that don't know, it has been the one thing that I have always wanted to do since Connor was born but since we haven't had a chance to join a church down here no one would offer to do it. Unless you are a "member" no one will baptize you. So, we were constantly hitting a wall when it came to that. I finally sent one last email to Rev. Kevin Dixon, the reverend who married us at St. Mary's Church in Kerrisdale (Vancouver, BC) and with us being up in Bellingham for the whole month of August, we will be able to get all 3 children baptized up there in the same church where we were married on August 15th. The best part of all this, is that all of our family can attend and no one has to fly anywhere.

Since i just posted recent photos of everyone last week, I am going to post some from the Christmas holiday from when we were up at Sandy Point...I had forgotten they were on our camera.

No comments: