Saturday, April 17, 2010

Almost there......







After another dr. visit yesterday, baby is still going along strong. Heartbeat sounds good and everything is progressing as it should. I have noticed some differences in the past 2 weeks though. It was way harder to turn over in bed...I feel like a beached whale. All of my hip bones crack as I make my 3 point turn to get from one side to the next. I feel bad for John since I am sure I shake him awake everytime, but he keeps me awake with his snoring sometimes, so I guess we are even :)

I have to say that I am hoping this baby comes a bit earlier. I would be happy with the first week of May. I keep saying I think I am having a boy but yesterday for some weird reason I got a feeling that it may be a girl (which was my original prediction). I have no idea why I had that sudden switch of heart. I guess we will see soon enough.

I have also been busy planning the logistics of the christenings. I think we are going to have a small little informal gathering at the same place we had our wedding reception at Huntly Wynd in Richmond. This is also the same place where Nan lives so she has been kind enough to help with the cake and getting things set up for us. IT will be a special day for us to finally have all 3 children baptized.

We are lucky enough to also have 2 very beautiful and old family Christening gowns. Connor and Aubrey are obviously too old to wear any of them, but this lucky baby will have two. We are going to try to work both gowns into the special day and have the baby in pictures in both gowns. Both gowns have been in our families for generations and are over 100 years old. They have had many Clendenins or Robertsons in them through the years. I just took a picture of the Robertson gown to post. I wish I had a picture of the Clendenin one as well, but it was last used by Connor and Aubrey's cousin Xavier and is currently with them. Nan was telling me that the Robertson gown was made my Scottish nuns 114 years ago. I love hearing the history of all of this and think our family is so lucky to have such deep roots on both sides. The most special and best part of having the kids christened up there is that we will have so many of our family members there. Our kids will have 3 great grandmothers there: Tutu, Nan and Grandma Fuhr. Plus their granparents, aunts and uncles and maybe even some great aunts and uncles!

That is the update on everything over here. I will be packing my hospital bag this weekend just in case! Here are some pictures of the past week:

No comments: