Well, this is the first Easter since we have lived in California that we have had rain! I am not talking about just a few sprinkles...we are talking about a down pour. It actually felt like a Seattle day down here. Normally it wouldn't be a problem for me as I love the rain, but we had an Easter celebration to attend and well, we were all stuck inside...about 15 people plus numerous kids and toddlers. IT was a fun celebration but there were a lot of people!
We were very lucky that we got to celebrate with John's granmother Tutu as well as John's family who flew in on the tail end of their spring break trip TO Australia to have Easter all together. The visit was way too short in my opinion, but the kids had fun playing with the granparents, uncles and aunts. We miss them already! It is hard to believe that the next time we see any of our families, we will be a family of 5.
We are starting to feel the crunch of the impending baby so little by little we are getting things ready. We have turned Aubrey's crib into a toddler bed and set it up in Connor's room and set up the other crib in Aubrey's room now. We will keep Aubrey in the baby's crib until the baby is old enough to move into the bed on its own. At that point, Aubrey will move to her toddler bed in Connor's room. This weekend I have a baby shower put on by my friend Nellie...it is a pedicure shower at a nail salon and I can't think of a more perfect outing on a Sunday. It will be fun to catch up with all of my friends without all of our kids around to interupt our conversations.
The pregnancy is overall going very well, but I will admit, I am getting tired! My patience is waring thin and I tell myself that I will only adventure out with Connor and Aubrey in the mornings when I have the most energy. It is getting frustrating knowing that I want to do all of these things, but that I have to take it easy or I will pay for it later. I have a prenatal apt on Wednesday and I will get an ultrasound to see my baby one last time before it is born. We are just making sure the head is down and checking the size. I am praying that I don't see anything to determine weather this baby is a boy or a girl. I kind of like this element of surprise. I am thinking boy still at this point so we will see.
Alright, here are some pictures from Easter for you to enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment