Friday, May 16, 2008

99-100 degree Heat Wave!




Hey everyone-
Okay, let's just start off by saying I never thought that having a baby in June would mean I would still have to sit through 100 degree temperatures. Yesterday was pretty brutal since our house is like an oven. It just captures the heat. The only escape is a little air conditioning window unit in Connor's room that keeps the one room cool. At least we have a retreat if needed. I took two hot showers yesterday evening just so I could come out and feel like the air around me was actually cool. I think the thermostat in our house said 89 degrees as I was heading to bed. We ordered a bigger air conditioning unit this week and it should be here on Monday, just in time for it to cool off....figures! At least we will have it for the next time.
So, to keep both Connor and I cool yesterday, I took him in the backyard where I turned on the hose to water the grass, I wanted to see if Connor was brave enough to attempt to touch the cold hose water. Okay, I didn't need to worry because the minute that hose came on, he was all over it. He was running through it and giggling. He just had a blast. I finally stripped him down to his diaper and let him go at it. Here are some pictures to show you.
I think today we may head to a club pool that John's cousins belong to. We are getting up to 99 degrees and 101 tomorrow. I have a feeling the backyard sprinkler and baby pool will get a lot of use.
We are also headed to toys r us this weekend to check out double baby strollers...I forget that I will most likely need one of those now if I want to continue my daily walks. I am 35 weeks and counting. Seriously, the day will be here before we know it and soon we will be a family of 4!
Have fun this weekend!


No comments: