Hi everyone! No pictures to post today, but Connor hasn't changed much from last week :)! I have noticed an uptick in the amount of babbling he does. Evidently there is a spurt of vocabulary coming up at 18 months. They say that "No" becomes a staple.....great, won't that be fun. He already tells me to "stop" things since he hears me tell him that all the time. It won't be long now before he is talking non-stop. Right now it is still one word at a time so I can handle that! We have entered the picky eating stage where all his favorites and my staples for his diet are no longer appropriate for king Connor. I mean who doesn't like grilled cheese, mac and cheese, or spaghetti?? It has been quite the challenge since I end up making 3 or 4 things until he finds one he likes. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to be a short order cook as he gets older, but right now he is too young to put to bed without dinner. He turns around and gets us up at 4am because he is too hungry. So in the end, he still wins!
Okay enough about our little boy, let's move on to our baby girl. We had our 37 week apt yesterday and got to see her on the ultrasound. She is moving and grooving like always. She is definitely a girl (we made sure to confirm that), she is a little over 6 pounds and head down. So that is great news. She is measuring perfectly for her size, so no talks of indcution or of when we think she will come. This is making things tough for Mom and Carmen (JOhn's mom) who are anxious to buy their tickets and come out and bond with their 2 grandbabies! I am thinking we are just going to have to wait for a spontaneous labor. At 3 weeks away it is killing me because it is so close, yet so far. We are ready for her whenever she decides to make her entrance. Call me crazy, but I am actually excited for labor....that has GOT to be the pregnancy brain talking. I guess better excited than scared right?
Oh and even more amazing news, John's firm came out with an updated parternity leave policy today. They have upped fatherly paid leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks off. Isn't that amazing? The timing couldn't be more perfect! So, Daddy will have a lot of time to bond with his daughter and keep his little boy out of mommy's hair.
Kim :)--Hopfully soon I will be posting a message that I am headed into labor.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! The countdown is on! I hope the time goes by fast for you...I know how exhausting those last few weeks can be. I'll be checking in often to get the update on baby's arrival.
Post a Comment