Sunday, May 4, 2008

To nap or not to nap......

I left the room for a minute and this is what I found when I came back in.....he is climbing into everything these days!
Connor is officially 16.5 months and experts say that around this time toddlers tend to try and give up the morning nap and just have one long snooze in the afternoon. I have to admit I have been dreading this day because I love having about an hour and a half in the morning to myself. The afternoon when Connor is sleeping, I sleep too. It is the perfect time to do it and we both feel refreshed afterwards (yeah, right) try we are both cranky and groggy! Like I said Hannah Montana give us both a chance to wake back up again.
So, anyway, Connor has been all over the board with his naps lately...sometimes skipping the morning one althogether, or taking the morning one and skipping the afternoon one which makes for a LONG DAY. 10:30am-6:30pm is a lot of face to face Connor time!!

The past few days I have noticed that if Connor takes his morning nap, he just won't go down at all in the afternoon, so I have made a concious decision to keep him up in the mornings and try to put him down after lunch. I am on day 1 of this plan and so far I think it is kind of backfiring. Today he went down at noon and woke up an hour and a half later! I am no expert but isn't he supposed to sleep longer like 2-2.5 hours?
Ah, the joys of being a parent during a transition time. Hopefully we figure this whole thing out soon. It is driving me bonkers to not know when and for how long he is going down.

No comments: