Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Beach and Family

Charlie!

Tutu and Jessica

Connor at a moment of sitting still!



Aubrey in her take a long swing trying to get to sleep!


This weekend we headed out to Aptos, a little town on the way to Monterey and just outside of Santa Cruz on the water. We were meeting up with John's side of the family (aunts, uncles and cousins) to celebrate the September birthdays. Luckily, John's aunt Coni was able to use her friend's beach house for the affair. The drive was so easy only an hour away and with the kids it was a piece of cake. We got there around 10:15 in the morning in time for brunch. Let me tell you this house was the perfect party house! It was 7 bedrooms and very beachy and right on the beach. There was a huge patio that fit our family of 20 so easily with chaise lounges and patio furniture. The weather was incredible and Connor as usual, just took off running. I think John spent the whole time chasing after him and I spent the whole time trying to get Aubrey to eat, drink, sleep or stop crying. She was just so uncomfortable. At around 4 PM I told John we had to leave. Both kids hadn't had a nap and were both melting down or being feisty. As soon as we got in the car they were zonked out and barely stayed awake long enough for baths and food before falling asleep again. It was a fun, exhausting day for all! Here are some pictures from that day.

I am also going to post a picture of our friend Jen's baby girl. Her hair is unbelievable! She is half Asian and half Caucasian and she has the brightest red hair I have ever seen. Her name is Charlie and she is about 1 week older than Aubrey and she is so mellow! I don't think I heard her cry once while we were there and she slept a lot of the time...complete opposite from my little stinker!

No comments: