Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kids and Laptops Don't Mix!




Sorry it has taken me so long to update this blog, but Connor dumped a whole bunch of water on my laptop and now it is broken. The only computer I have is the desktop in our bedroom which is hard to get on during the day when the kids are up and around. Yes, Connor was sweetly sitting on my lap and in 2 seconds he grabbed my water and dumped it. Good thing the laptop was old, but now I have to head to the back of the house!!

We are in the middle of another heatwave here and have set up the pool for Connor out back. He is loving it!! He is all ready to head to the back yard at 8am most days. I have to fend him off by going for a walk or getting him wrapped up in his toys.

Today is a tough day for me. I am feeling the sleep deprivation that comes from having a newborn and find myself wondering when oh when is Aubrey going to give her mommy a big ol' gift of sleeping through the night. I have finally gotten the kids on pretty much the same schedule and even attempted to put them both to bed awake in their respective cribs at bedtime. This moment of insanity happened when they were both cranky and whining so I just picked them both up and plucked them into bed. To my amazement they were both asleep within 20 minutes! The next night the same thing. Trust me it isn't this easy and lovely every night.... we still have our moments like last night! One would be quiet and the other would yell and vice versa for a good 45 minutes. I needed my much talked about glass of wine :).

Even though I am struggling with tiredness today, I am going to attempt to take Connor and Aubrey to Gymboree. Connor was going when I was pregnant but I had to stop when I got to big. Aubrey is allowed to sit in her car seat at the edge of the room while I chase Connor around, but unlike most babies, Aubrey doesn't sleep all day, so we will see how long we last. I am a gluten for punishment! Swimming class also starts on Friday so I will take Connor to class and leave Aubrey behind with John since he will work from home during class time. When Aubrey is old enough I will alternate bringing the kids to class every week. So, things are going to start getting busier around here.







No comments: