Monday, November 17, 2008

November Happenings



                                                          Actual Shrek Donkey


                                                        Connor saying "cheese"

                                                 My happy little girl

Well, not much new going on here.  I have just been busy with the usual, keeping the kids occupied, running errands and getting ready for Thanksgiving etc...  These pictures were all taken within the last week or so.  I decided to take the kids on a walk to a park nearby that has some goats, chickens, roosters and the actual donkey from Shrek.  I am not kidding...the movie's Donkey was actually based on this donkey right here in Palo Alto.  They studied his looks, his movement and his personality.  Of all the donkey is the US, they picked this one.  Connor loved watching him reach up and eat the leaves off the tree.

The second photo is of Connor saying "cheese" he just learned to do if for the camera and he thinks it is hilarious...so I thought I would post one of those.  Our little guy is popping out with new words left right and center.  He is able to communicate so well with us now.  The difference between now to a month ago has been amazing.  He is still the most cuddly little guy...lots of kissing and hugging from him.  This is in between his feisty spurts!  We are having fun with him though.

The last picture is of my beautiful sweet baby girl.  She is growing into such a sweet little thing.  She is always smiling, and now all i have to do is say "hi" to her and smile and she full on giggles.  She is starting to grab her toes while laying on her back, when on her tummy she puts all arms and legs in the air like an airplane.  She still tracks Connor all over the place and just smiles at him the whole time.  She loves her big brother already.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner...for the first time in a while, we are actually staying in California!  We are going to have dinner with John's cousin's in San Jose which will be really fun.  This is the pre cursor to our Christmas trip up to Seattle.  In anticipation of both, I decided to pull out the Christmas music today.  Man, I love the holidays!!  I miss the nice cool and crisp weather that comes along with Christmas...I mean it is 79 degrees here this week...where is the Christmas in that?? Ahh, soon we will be up there for all the holidays and I can relish in it!!


No comments: