Saturday, November 8, 2008

Some new stuff!

                                                       My Sweet Aubrey in the bath

                                                       Big girl in the high chair for the first time



                                             Connor excited about his new potty.



                                              Watching Hannah Montana with Daddy





Dancing to the music of his new toy.


There is lots to share in this weeks blog...Halloween is behind us and the holidays and Connor's second birthday is ahead of us.  I can't believe we are already into November! I just celebrated my 31st birthday yesterday and am wondering how I got here already.  I mean I am married and have 2 beautiful children...I feel very blessed and lucky to know my wonderful family.

In celebration of my 31st year on the planet, we had fondue for dinner tonight.  One of my favorite meals that I don't get very often since John isn't a huge fan of it.  I really enjoyed it tonight along with my sprinkles cupcakes.  Yes, we went and stood in line for them again, but what better excuse to eat them than a birthday!

The pictures above are just a mixture of the different events of the week.  Aubrey is in the bath which is I think one of her most favorite times of the day.  She can be fussing but the minute she hits the bath, she is happy.  Then there is the first time she sat on the high chair.  She is eating baby food and rice cereal these days so I tried her out in the chair.  She loved it , but Connor got pretty jealous of the baby in his seat.

Then there is Connor clapping on his new little potty. Usually boys take forever to potty train and usually you wait until they are almost 3 years old.  The weirdest thing has been happening the past few days that made me think maybe Connor was ready to start this big task.  At certain times a day he puts his hands down to his diaper and says Pee pee.....the first time I thought was just a fluke but he has done is sporadically the past few days.  I figured it was time to just start the potty exposure to see if there is any interest.  Boy, as you can see someone is sure excited about the new toy.  He isn't quite sure what it is for I am sure but just knows we cheer him on when he sits on it.  This is why he is sitting there clapping with a big ol' grin.  We will see how this all goes!

There is also a video of Connor playing with a new leap frog magnet toy we got him.  He has been obsessed with magnets lately, so we thought this would be a good toy to have.  It will be especially nice when I am cooking dinner.  As you can see in the video, he loves it..he dances a little jig!

Here's to hoping things move a long in the potty training department! We are in no rush however so what ever he decides is fine!!

PS- remember for those of you that get my blog updates via email, if you want to see the video of Connor you have to go to www.theclendeninclan.blogspot.com and push play!

No comments: