Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The croup and teething

What a combo! Poor Connor is getting 3 molars in right now all at the same time. If that wasn't bad enough, the poor kid woke up with a coupy sounding cough on Monday. Needless to say, he has been drooling and snotting all over everything. I need to change his shirt 3-4 times a day since it gets so wet from the drool. I can't tell if the drool is just from the teething or a combination of not being able to breathe through his nose that well. I have had him on Tylenol, vicks vapo rub and on a humidifier all week. They all seem to help but you just really have to wait this thing out. Connor seems to be in good spirits during the day considering. He is still flirting with everyone he sees when we are out running errands. He tries his HARDEST to get anyone's attention. He waves, flashes his pearly whites and gives them that great smile of his. How could you not melt? He sure knows how to work it!

We are supposed to go to swimming today but are skipping it for the obvious reasons. I don't think Connor will mind too much since he is a bit more tired these days. He has been taking his full naps and with no problems going down. He about dives into the crib when I pick him up to put him in it.

He has found a new appreciation for all his "old" toys that he hasn't seen in a while. I have had the toy bins on the floor and he has been going through everything and even popping himself right into the bin for fun. So, thank goodness he is keeping himself busy. We have seen a bit more Hannah Montana the past few days though!

In other news, I had my 33 week Dr.s appt yesterday and the baby is growing right on pace. She is officially head down now which is great! Her heartbeat sounds strong and she is kicking me all of the time. My next appointment is in 4 weeks and this is the one where I get the ultrasound to see her and how big she is getting. We don't want her getting any bigger than Connor or I will have to have a c-section. So, I am secretly hoping I get to get induced a week or two early!! We will know more at the end of May.

Also, I mentioned we ordered the crib on Saturday and that it is supposed to take 3-4 weeks until delivery. I got a phone call yesterday saying it was shipped and should be here next week! Talk about great turn around time. Now I can re-arrange the bedroom and get it how I want it before the baby is born. It will also give Connor some time to adjust to seeing another bed in his room.

Until next time!

Kim

No comments: