Well, the top picture of Connor pretty much sums up what we all feel like over here. SLEEP DEPRIVED and TIRED! The last picture of Connor eating in his high chair is to brag to everyone that even with all the changes around here, my big boy has decided to use silverware while he eats!!!!! YEAH!!
Aubrey is such a great addition to the family and we love her, but there has been lots of transition. Poor Connor has had a little bit of a hard time getting used to his baby sister. For the first 3 days he became very clingy to John and started taking 2 naps a day again. I think he is just trying to figure out what is going on here. After the third day, he was back to normal and even started hugging Aubrey. Okay, there is hugging but there is also eye poking if we aren't watching carefully enough. He means well, he is just curious and let's face it, he is really fast!
Aubrey is waking up every 2-3 hours at night to feed which is normal, but we are already waiting for the day she decides to sleep through the night. It is so nice to have a little newborn to hold, but I don't miss the sleepless nights. Things have been going pretty well, today Aubrey decided to stay up most of the day. I have been shocked by how long I have stared into her baby blue eyes. She is the most alert little thing! I am hoping she just conks out tonight and gives her mama some good long sleepin'! One can dream......
She had her 2 week pediatrician apt on Friday and she is healthy and putting on weight. She is in the 50 percentile on all her measurements and all is well. We don't go back until she is 3 months old and that apt marks the beginning of the series of shots. YUCK! I just feel like we crossed this hurdle with Connor and now here we go again!
John is finished with his paternity leave as of yesterday and heads back to work on Monday. It is bittersweet, because it was so nice having us all home and hanging out together. We went on walks and tag teamed the kids...it was great! Now it is over! But, I am lucky that I have one more week of help since Carmen, ( John's mom) flies in from Kansas tonight to help me with John's transition to work. That will be really nice!
Well, that is the latest and greatest from these parts! Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment