Our new double stroller that finally got hereOkay...what can I say about the last 4 days.....exciting, frustrating, trying, exhausting....well the list can go on. I think I have experienced every mood in the spectrum. Coming off mastitis in the beginning of the week just set things on the wrong foot. Things just kind of went from there. Having 2 kids is like having 10! At least right now in the beginning while I am trying to deal with not having 8 hands and not being able to clone myself into two different people. I finally just realized that I need to sit back and take a breath and realize that I need to adjust to my beautiful babies and not the other way around. I think all my frustrations were happening because I let them. I was the one trying to keep to a rigid schedule or an idea of how I wanted things to go and when they didn't happen, I would get frustrated.
Today has actually been an awesome day so far. We went for a walk in our double stroller which is good and bad...nice for me because I don't have to carry Aubrey in the snugly on my front and bad because now Connor as the bigger brother can mess with his baby sister as they sit side by side. Even with canopies protecting my littlest one, Connor has found a tiny gap to fit his paw in there and smack her face when I am not looking. I can tell when it has happened because Aubrey all of a sudden is wide awake and looking like I deer in headlights. Connor is cheeky and knows he isn't supposed to, but how else would he get my attention right? So, I am working on how to keep him away from her but for the most part when we are on the walk he leaves her alone. It is when I stop, or walk away from the stroller to open the door or something does he start these shenanigans.
I set up the baby swing the other day which we were nervous to do because we knew Connor would go after her in it. I thought, Connor will need to get used to her being in that swing and he will learn to stay away. Well, he sure taught me. I had her in the swing and he woke up from his nap and made a b-line for her. He got to her before I could grab his little hand and tried to yank her out of the thing. Needless to say he was back in his crib for a "time out" and the baby swing was moved into the hallway beyond the baby gate.
Aubrey is a pretty good baby....still feeding at around 10pm then 2am then 5am or so. I am having troubles getting her to fall asleep for her naps during the day, she is just so fidgety which is why I swaddled her in that photo. I don't know if it will work every time, but it is worth a try. That girl could seriously be held all day and not care. She hates the baby swing, and only likes to sleep in her bassinet at night. Finicky little thing. Her hair is super curly...I am talking ringlets when it is wet and she has John's hairline and 2 side by side swirly cowlicks in the back of her head identical to Connor's. I think I had twins but 18 months apart. It is crazy how alike they look.
Tomorrow is Friday and I am excited to wrap this week up. This was the hardest week and I know that it will just get easier with time. By the way, to top things off the weather has been 100 degrees or higher this whole week!
Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment