Aubrey wide awake as usual.....Okay, I don't think I have ever been so obsessed about sleep ever in my life before! Not even when Connor was a baby...He would eat his food and fall right asleep, at 6 weeks, we stuck him in his crib and he had no problems at all, from what I remember he was a very easy baby....although I didn't think so at the time being my first child and all. Aubrey is awake for 6 hour stretches...so far that is the record. I find myself exhaustively trying to figure out anything that will put her to sleep. It has turned into an obsession. If I find I can't get her to sleep, I get really frustrated....the worst is when you think you FINALLY got her down and you leave the room only to come back and see her beady little eyes staring at you. I love the girl, but man...Why doesn't she sleep? Lucky for me she does sleep at night. She gets up for 2 feedings and goes back down, sometimes is takes longer than others, but all in all she goes back to sleep.
So, a few postings ago, I had a picture of Aubrey sleeping in her crib and me saying..."lucky me, she loves her crib" well, she only loved it for that day and now whenever I put her in it, she wakes up 30 minutes later. She is 6 weeks on Sunday and I am dying to put her in her crib, but I know we won't get any sleep if we try that. Not only that, I am sure she will wake Connor since she won't settle in there. I know not all babies are the same, so it looks like Aubrey won't be going into her crib right away. I think we will have to wait until she becomes a bit more mature in the sleeping department.
The only thing she seems to love falling asleep in is the vibrating chair we have. We have resorted to sticking her in the vibrating chair and putting the chair in the crib so she can at least get used to those surroundings. The few nights we have done that, have been her best nights of sleep ever. So, that is what we are going to do for now and just catch up on sleep and when she outgrows the chair, into the crib she goes! Hopefully by then she will be a better sleeper. I will have to get a photo of Aubrey sleeping in the chair in her crib....it is kinda funny and it just goes to show you the lengths that parents will go to get a good night's sleep. I have also been told that babies don't develop their sleeping habits until 4 months old so we can get her to sleep any way we can now and then need to get to more conventional methods before 4 months hit!
Well, that is my little venting session on sleep...I am sure it isn't the last time you will read about this issue. We have our photography session tomorrow morning...so I am PRAYING for happy children and some awesome photos! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment