

Hi everyone!
We have some exciting news to share....No, I am NOT pregnant again! John's firm announced early this morning that they have acquired a Seattle office! This means that we can move to Seattle a lot sooner than anticipated. We aren't sure of time lines yet since we are waiting for the "dust to settle" on the big announcement. Once John talks to his bosses, we will have a better idea on when we can make the move. It really can be anywhere from a few months to anytime within 2009. I think we are both hoping it is sooner, but it all depends on how John's bosses want to play things out. Right now John is the most Senior associate in his group here in Palo Alto. They have about 8 people underneath him some of which just started a few weeks ago. So, they may want him to stay to help train these people a little longer. On the other side of the coin, there is a new office in Seattle and they may want John up there on the ground since he is already up to speed on things. One of his bosses was asking last week how much family we had in Seattle. John told him pretty much everyone. So, it looks as though they are expecting us to want to be up there.
Isn't this exciting?? It is like a dream I swear! My mom is wondering if we could be settled up in Seattle by Christmas (pfff! right!) I am thinking maybe we can start scoping things out up there since we are there for 10 days and we have family to watch the kids.
John has been telling everyone that I have pretty much started packing all ready! This is a great opportunity for us and the best part is ,is that John has an office to go to some days or he can work from home other days. He can make his own hours and avoid heavy commute times if he needs to. Right now the offices are located in downtown Seattle. So, we will see!
In other news, Mom and Dad are actually flying out here today for the weekend to spend some time with the grand kids and us of course. We are going to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving which actually takes place next weekend, but we thought we would have a big turkey cook up this weekend instead. We also have lots of football to watch and talking about our move to Seattle so it should make for a fun weekend. We may even have to go and get some more of those yummy sprinkles cupcakes.
John and I can't wait to be around all of our family and friends again. I will be sure to keep you updated on the plans and when things will actually happen. We are at the mercy of the firm's time line now so now we wait!
That is it for now....!
5 comments:
How exciting!! Keep me posted on your plans. You'll probably be showing up right as we're moving to California - that would be funny!
Congrats!! I hope things go quickly for you :o).
congrats!!! i hope things move quickly for you guys :o). have fun with your parents.
congrats! i hope things move quickly for you guys :o). have fun with your family....turkey dinner sounds good!
Yes, I have heard the good news! I am sorry that I haven't talked with you yet to hear all about it. Let's catch up sometime this week.
Post a Comment