Let me first start off by saying, as soon as I sent off the last post on this blog, Aubrey started to cry and therefore woke up Connor. They were both crying back and forth for a good hour. Then Connor decided not to take a nap the ENTIRE day. Yes, that taught me to never mess with a good thing. I should have just left Aubrey in the car seat and most likely both kids would have slept at least an hour and a half.
Onto today...Connor has been sick with a cold and cough the past few days. It has made sleeping tough on the little guy with a runny or stuffy nose. He is up multiple times along with Aubrey who needs to eat. I have been washing my hands like crazy and trying to keep Aubrey away from Connor as much as possible. Turns out my efforts did not help...this morning at 1:45am Aubrey started to cough. Now she is snotty too. So I was up all night/morning with both Aubrey and Connor back and forth. I think I am pretty much working on adrenaline right now. John didn't get much sleep either since he had to get up with Connor at 4am and bring him into the living room. Connor just didn't want to sleep anymore and the screaming was making his cold worse.
On top of all of this, the other day Connor spilled about a tablespoon of milk in the car. Well it soaked through the carpet and now the whole car smells like sour/rancid milk. You can bet John was real happy about that one. We are still working on getting the smell out and have tried everything from vinegar, oxy clean, spray and wash, resolve to Pets and Kids--this one is "guaranteed" to work. So I poured about half the bottle on there and we are waiting to see if the smell dissipates. If it doesn't, we may have to get the car detailed to where they have to rip up the carpet. That will cost a pretty penny!
The best part about this little story is the fact that I had to take both kids to Target to get the Pets and Kids stuff. Everything was going great until I tried to put Connor in the shopping cart. He had the biggest screaming kicking beat red faced meltdown ever. The whole store stopped to look at me as though I was beating the kid. I was really surprised at how I handled the situation. I always thought I would be so mortified I would have to leave the store, but I just went about my merry way and got all the items I needed to get with Connor still screaming. I finally turned into the aisle and firmly told him to stop screaming....he just continued on for about another 5 minutes and stopped completely like nothing ever happened. Meanwhile, all the other "moms" in the store were giving me the pity look saying they had been there too. I have to say that was the biggest meltdown to date. Ahhh good times.
Sorry life has been too crazy to get some cute photos to upload...maybe next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment