This past Friday, Aubrey was able to meet her great grandmother (John's grandma) whom we call Tutu. She is out here in Palo Alto staying with John's uncle and aunt while the Clendenins relocate from Kansas to Seattle. She will be here until October and will get to spend some quality time with her grandchildren and her great grandchildren. She has 4 great grandchildren and one on the way!
As you can see, Tutu and Aubrey hit it off from the start. Aubrey just loved Tutu and continued to smile at her all night long. It was very cute to see and just like Connor, Aubrey knows how to play to the crowd.
That same weekend I was able to get away from the "nest" and have some fun girl time with no babies in tow! Although, I relish my weekends when John is home and we can spend our time together as a family, I know that I need some girl time too.
Christine (our cousin by marriage) and I went out to lunch and to a movie....most of you know that I love my little girly Disney movies, so we were off to see The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 2! (shocking I know!) It was so good and I just had the best time...Thanks for coming with my Christine!! John stayed home with the kids as I am sure he would have much rather done than see that chick flick!
When I got home the kids were happy to see me of course, but they were super tired too. I don't know what John did to wear them out but the photo above is of Connor after a day with Daddy! Does he have enough pacifiers??? Hmmm...maybe I should do a girl's day more often!
Other than that, things are going well here...Aubrey is sleeping in the pack and play in our room. We haven't quite figured out how to get the two kids into the same room without waking each other up. Aubrey sleeps in the pack and play really well, but amazingly enough when we move her to the crib especially during the day for naps, she wakes up so quickly. I don't know what it is! I try not to get frustrated...because I am ready for her to be in the crib but obviously she is not. Oh well, I guess time will tell.
Enjoy the photos!
PS- Does anyone remember Cabbage Patch Dolls?? Doesn't Aubrey's curley patch on top of her head remind you of the doll? Some of them were bald with just a curley sprout of hair on top. It reminds me so much of Aubrey's unruly mop!
No comments:
Post a Comment